New York weddings can accommodate as much as 150 folks with coronavirus assessments
Weddings in New York are getting a little bigger – as long as everyone is tested for the coronavirus first.
On Friday, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that wedding venues in the state will be allowed to host events with a capacity of up to 50% or up to 150 people, provided that everyone present is tested in advance.
The local health departments must also approve each event. The new guidelines come into effect on March 15th.
“We won’t have the full vaccine for many, many months,” Cuomo said during a press conference Friday. “In New York, we want to use tests as the key to reopening events.”
LONDON WEDDING WITH 150 GUESTS HURT BY THE POLICE VIA LOCKINGS
NEW YORK JEWELLER SHARE TIFFANY TRUMP ENGAGEMENT RING DETAILS
Following the success of the Buffalo Bills playoff game earlier this year, which saw 6,700 fans attend the event, wedding receptions were allowed to resume operations with limited capacity, provided they had previously tested negative for the coronavirus and wore masks during the game.
“We had virtually no cases of spread in this game,” said Cuomo.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
He went on to explain that requiring all attendees to test negative for the coronavirus would reassure guests.
Starting March 15, New York state venues will be able to host wedding receptions up to 50% capacity or up to 150 people, provided they all test negative for the coronavirus. (iStock)
“People are actually going to come to your wedding because the tests let you tell them it’s safe,” said Cuomo. “Everyone there will have been tested and everyone will be safe.”
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
“For a lot of these venues, I don’t think government restrictions are at stake,” he added. “I think if I say today that cinemas can be opened 100%, I don’t think people would go. I think people need to be confident that it is safe.”