New York Bakery Made Well-known by SATC Shares Recipe for ‘Carrie Cupcake’
If you didn’t live under a rock, you must have received the news that Sex and the City, a popular TV show in the late 90s and early 2000s that also had two cinematics, is returning! That means all of your favorite characters from the show / movie – Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), Miranda Hobbes (Cynthia Nixon), Charlotte York Goldenblatt (Kristin Davis), among others – will be making a comeback and continuing their respective stories from where from the last movie ended.
And now, in honor of the relaunch, a New York-based bakery made famous by the hit show shared the recipe for their iconic “Carrie Cupcake,” named after Parker’s character.
The Magnolia Bakery and its cupcake appeared on the HBO show in 2000 when Carrie and Miranda first discussed a “cute furniture maker” named Aidan, who then became Carrie’s epic love after Mr Big.
In an Instagram post they wrote: “And just like that … we are 25! We have a Carrie Cupcake to celebrate the sweet Sex and the City Revival news! Who else is celebrating a cupcake ?! (sic) ”
Even if you don’t live in Manhattan, now you can eat this delicious cupcake with pink frosting that the bakery put on their menu in honor of the show in 2007.
Bobbie Lloyd, chief backing officer of Magnolia Bakery, told Insider, “We picked the same cupcake she eats on the show – a vanilla cupcake with pink pastel vanilla buttercream – and added a classic daisy deco, one of ours characteristic decorations. Our vanilla cupcakes have always been one of our best-selling flavors, and we’re known for our pastel buttercreams. No wonder this design continues to be popular. This Magnolia Bakery staple has been around for a quarter of a century, and we’re sure it will be popular for years to come. “
According to the point of sale, here is the recipe:
– 3 cups of cake flour
– 1 ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– 1 cup of whole milk
– ½ cup of sour cream
– 2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature)
– 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
– 1 ¾ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
– 4 egg whites
* Before you begin, preheat your oven to 162 degrees Celsius and line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
* In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking powder, and salt. Put it aside. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk the milk and sour cream until there are no more lumps.
* In a stand mixer, stir the butter, sugar and vanilla together over medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy (approx. Three to five minutes). Scrape off the sides as well as the bottom.
* Turn your blender on medium speed and slowly add the egg whites one at a time. Make sure it is incorporated before adding more. Stop the blender and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and paddle again.
* Turn your mixer on low speed and add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk mixture and starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix everything for about 15 seconds.
* Stop and remove the bowl.
* Evenly scoop the batter into your muffin bowls. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the tips crack when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For more lifestyle news, follow us: Twitter: ifestyle_ie | Facebook: IE Lifestyle | Instagram: ie_lifestyle