Authorities establish a murdered San Antonio girl who was reportedly linked to the New York suicide

SAN ANTONIO Authorities have identified a San Antonio woman who was murdered in her West Side apartment in New York City days before the death of a person who was interested in her death.

Michelle Washington-Hart, 56, died of multiple serious injuries at her home on the 7600 block of Highway 90 East on Springdale Drive, according to the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office. She was discovered on Friday, just days after her birthday on January 3rd.

Her body was found during a social check after relatives visiting from out of town hadn’t heard from her. The relatives contacted the apartment manager, who then unlocked the door for the police.

Their mode of death is listed as murder.

Washington-Hart’s death has been linked to a man who jumped to his death on Monday from a tourist attraction in New York City, according to media reports.

Franklin Washington, 21, jumped off the 150-foot ship sculpture in Hudson Yards in Manhattan, the New York Times reported. The report says Washington was from San Antonio.

Following Washington’s death on Monday, New York police contacted San Antonio authorities to notify his next of kin, according to the New York Post.

New York police discovered that Washington was wanted as someone interested in the woman’s murder, the newspaper reported.

SAPD was unable to confirm to KSAT how Washington was linked to the murder, but they did state it was related.

Alisia Pruneda, an information officer for SAPD, told KSAT that Washington was not listed as a “wanted” person in any active case. SAPD would not confirm whether he was a person of interest.

It doesn’t appear that Washington left a suicide note, the New York Daily News reported.

The ship was closed to visitors on Tuesday after the last suicide. It was one of three in less than a year, the New York Times reported.

People visit the ship at Hudson Yards on December 31, 2020 in New York City. (Photo by Noam Galai / Getty Images) (2020 Noam Galai)

The other two deaths occurred in December and February.

An employee who witnessed Monday’s suicide said the attraction was largely deserted at the time and had some tourists in the area.

It is unclear when the ship will reopen to visitors.

Also read:

Copyright 2021 by KSAT – All rights reserved.

Comments are closed.